INTRODUCTION SESSION- THE POWER OF A WHISPER
If you have not yet watched the session 1 excerpt from Bill Hybels, you can watch here.
To be challenged to give a little of our best time to God each week – - knowing that God can put the lever of his divine power on the fulcrum of our small efforts and move the planet.
In the introductory video, Bill Hybels told the story of a teacher who influenced his life with a few positive words. What ingredients came together to make this such a powerful experience in Bill Hybels life?
Can you think of a time in your own life when you heard the "whisper of God"? Do you see any common elements between your experience and Bill's?
Why is it so important for us to be quiet each week in time with God?
What would you say to someone who says that he has no time to be challenged as a Christian leader?
- Sign up for Right Now Media - - if you have not yet received an invitation contact Tim Johnson.
- Watch the first session of the Whisper of God available on Right Now Media. When you login to Right Now Media, you will see The Power of a Whisper on the left side of the screen as shown below. Click on the image and watch the appropriate session.
- Open email notes of encouragement from this site and invest a few minutes a few times a week. Or check the blog page where updates will be posted.
- Find time to be quiet and listen to God
- Be in church and hear the Word preached and prayed. This is God’s central plan for preparing and equipping his people (Ephesians 4:11-13).
- Understand that the key dynamic God uses to speak is the illumination of the Word of God as it is preached and read. Take time to read God's Word. A great section of Scripture to read this week would be the story of the call of Samuel that Bill referenced. Read 1 Samuel 1-3. Notice the importance in these chapters of prayer. Samuel was not the only one listening in this narrative. Samuel also had a tender, praying mother.
- Keep track of how God is working in your life. One of the things that will most encourage both you and, even more, our group is specific testimony of how you are hearing God’s Word and responding. If you are prompted by the Holy Spirit in some way this week - - no matter how small it may seem - - make a note of it and consider telling your group about it.