Intro Session for When the Game is Over
Beginning in January 2015, our new forum study for Pinnacle Forum Central Illinois will be When the Game is Over by John Ortberg. Our first forum will orient us to this series.
This study is available to forum through Right Now Media. For more information on how to use Right Now Media go to this page.
Watch this trailer and then together review the discussion questions given below.
1. In Monopoly, score is kept with money. Besides money, what are other reasons that people keep score in life?
2. When you personally are tempted to keep score in ways other than pleasing Christ, how are you tempted?
3. Has there ever been a moment in your life that forced you to stop and consider what is really important? Tell the rest of your forum about that time. What did you learn from it? Did the lesson stick?
4. James 4:13-17 is a text to keep in mind during this study. What practical lessons does it give to help us remember that when the game is over, it all goes back in the box?
 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.  Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”  As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.  So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. James 4:13-17 ESV
5. How can your forum improve this winter/spring as compared to the fall?
Remember: If you are more comfortable with a book than a video, then you can find out the information for the book version of this study here.